Monday, June 23, 2008

Rainbow of Death


I was sitting outside yesterday enjoying the weather changing from sunny, to rainy, back to sunny, to harder rain with sun, to more rain, then more sun, when around 6:30 pm I look up and see this hard to miss massive double rainbow........OF DEATH.

While my girlfriend, my neighbor, and myself looked up to the sky and smiled, someone else might have taken one look at the sky and thought, "you know what? I think I'm gonna go try and kill somebody." No more than 2 hours later another gang shoot out took place a few blocks away.

The second I read about the gunfire on Uptown Crime Blotter, the image of a gangbanger looking up at the sky while anger floods his heart at the sight of a rainbow popped into my head. I don't know why this was my first thought other than I have a strange sense of humor. It's a good thing the rain didn't turn into glitter yesterday because we probably would have had a riot on our hands.

I can't help but laugh at the absurdity of my thoughts but then again it's one way I cope with the absurdity of violence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

on your profile it lists you as a gamer/web developer / musician - any chance you are looking for a job?

www.wms.com

:)

Butternut said...

I might be if I didn't find it strange that a company which deals with high levels of technology would ask me if I am looking for a job anonymously without leaving any actual contact info.

There is an email link for a reason. lol, an interesting way to start a professional relationship.