Saturday, April 26, 2008

Uptown's new water bottling facility


Six hours.......two hours.......30 minutes........50 seconds.......I type $181.20 and left click. "You are currently the highest bidder." Oh My God, am I actually going to win it this time? 10 seconds, "You have been outbid." "F*$&!!!!!" I have been defeated again. Damn you Ebay, Damn you! "Now what do I do? I know, I will drown my woes with some cold refreshing beer." I tuck in my sorrow, grab my keys, and head out to Sheridan Liquors. "I wonder if I will witness anything blog worthy," I think to myself. 

HOLY S$#%! As I came upon Leland and Magnolia, my eyes focused on a fraken1 fountain shooting out of the asphalt in the middle of the street. "I have to stop leaving my phone and my camera at home!" I ran home, grabbed my tools of technology, and rushed back to the scene.

I immediately summoned the spirit of Ansel Adams and shot as many photos as my little memory card would allow. Soon after I called 911 and reported the incident. Eventually my call made its way to Streets and Sanitation where they assured me they knew about it and had a truck on the way. 

Well I guess I can add another badge to my Boy Scout Sash. Oh wait, I was kicked out of Boy Scouts when I was 8 for breaking the son of the den mothers G.I. Joe toy. CRAP!

1 Fracken: Frack or frak is a bowdlerised version of fuck first used in the original Battlestar Galactica series. In the "re-imagined" version it appears with greater frequency and with the revised spelling "frak" (the producers wanted to make it a four letter word). YES I AM A NERD


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You aren't a nerd for using "frak" but you one are for taking the time to properly footnote it ;)

Anonymous said...

love the new blog! good to see you at the meet and greet at sunnyside yesterday! :)
-jami