Monday, April 21, 2008

Hello, I'm Officer Bob

While hanging out with a group of friends over the weekend, my friend Heather (a very talented artist and web designer) told me about a project she has been working on called Officer Bob. Today she sent me an email about the project, this is how it was described:

Officer Bob is an entertainment property that is basically a parody of law enforcement and the abuses that go along with the men in blue. It's the brain child of Rob Warmowski, one of the founding producers of Aught-Seven. He's grown up in Chicago (Rogers Park actually) and has seen some really spectacular examples of police brutality and incompetence in his day. He was 1 yr old when the democratic convention riots of 1968 happened, if that gives you some perspective on his perspective. 

We have done 2 flash cartoons so far and have another 18 planned for release in the next 6 months. We also have a podcast and are now doing the "Hotsheet" on our site. The hotsheet is basically recent news items (related to coppery) annotated by Officer Bob's voice. Our goal is to entertain and educate.

After watching the cartoons I have to say I am pretty impressed and can't wait to see more. So if you've got some free time check out officer-bob.com and while you're at it sign up for their podcasts too. "Yay," another website for me to peruse while I am supposed to be working.

For the record, I do believe there are good cops out there whom on a daily basis risk their lives trying their best to make our communities safer; to them I tip my hat with respect. Unfortunately corruption has many faces. It's those who have the power and ability to make positive changes and instead abuse it for their own self interests that make this world so hard for so many. Well, to quote an old friend, "That hurts my Heart."

No comments: